Friday 1 September 2023
Are you looking for a role with impact? As a Business Developer at Algae Capital, you'll help shape the future by identifying new business opportunities and developing strategies. Are you the strategic reinforcement to take our company to the next level?
About Algae Capital
Algae Capital specializes in the large-scale and sustainable cultivation of microalgae to produce plant-based omega-3 rich oil and proteins. For over a decade, we have conducted extensive research into microalgae cultivation at our testing facility in Iceland. After this test phase, Algae Capital is now ready for the next step: the realization of a 2-hectare production facility in Iceland. Once this production facility is operational, Algae Capital will further roll out this 'concept' in Iceland and other countries.
Our organizational structure exists of multiple entities: from researching microalgae to managing everything about the production facility, and from growing microalgae to sales and marketing of our microalgae products. Algae Capital serves as connector, coordinating the overall activities of these entities.
As a Business Developer, you are responsible for developing strategies that align with the company's objectives. This includes contributing to company profile books and investment memoranda to inform and persuade both internal and external stakeholders about our strategic direction and growth potential.
As an addition to our marketing team, you will conduct research on sales channels, identify market trends and opportunities, and perform customer and competitor analyses. These activities will enable you to discover and realize new business opportunities, all with the aim of achieving sustainable growth for the company.
You have a strong desire to achieve something extraordinary and make an impact. Hard work doesn’t scare you, and you're committed to getting the job done. Passion and commitment drive everything you do. We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum completed Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commercial Economics or similar
- Fluent in both Dutch and English in speech and writing
- Experience in strategy and marketing is a plus
- A structured and accurate way of working
- Self-management skills and discipline
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Willingness to travel (internationally)
What do we offer?
- An attractive salary and secondary benefits
- A laptop
- A responsible role within an international company
- A pleasant, inspiring, and informal work atmosphere
- An ambitious and inspiring team
- Room for personal and professional growth
- Innovation and creativity in a dynamic startup environment
- Working on groundbreaking projects with worldwide impact
Does the above appeal to you? Are you a go-getter and want to be part of a fast-growing organization with a driven and young team? Apply now and contribute to a healthier and greener future!
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org